- Registration is NOW OPEN for the 2018 In-House Tournament!!! Click here for registration information.
- USAPA Pickleball - 2018 Rulebook & Referee Handbook updates for Certified and Non-Certified Referee training session will be held January 27th at Happy Trails. See complete information below.
- The December Financial Report is now available for Review - click here to access
- WINTER-SPRING SCHEDULE has begun. Go to Club Programs and look at our new schedule.
- Tuesday and Thursday LADDERS have started. Go to the Ladders subtab under our "Club Programs."
- Order your CLUB T-SHIRTS now. We are waiting to fill our minimum batch order, then we will be submitting our new order.
- We have a MESSAGE BOARD at both the Sage Courts and Wagner Courts. We'll try to keep you up-to-date posting new and important info.
- FYI Since our club is so large, we have to use an email server called BENCHMARK. Make sure you indicate it as "not spam" so you can receive our email blasts. [You will always know it comes from us because we put our logo in the email.]
- We have volunteers for all the open Board positions. Click here to see the new Board members.
As you are aware, the USAPA/IFP Rulebook and Referee Handbook have been updated, reorganized and reissued to reflect the 2018 rules and officiating best practices, which go into effect January 31, 2018. There are noteworthy changes in both documents that players, referees and line judges will be expected to know and begin applying January 31, 2018. To facilitate that requirement, a Central Arizona training/update session is scheduled for:
Saturday, January 27, 2018
9:00 a.m. – Noon in the Happy Trails Resort Ballroom
17200 W. Bell Rd., Surprise, Ariz.
This three-hour session is designed to bring up to speed certified referees, non-certified refs who referee on a regular basis, want-to-be referees and players interested in learning how the new 2018 Rulebook affects pickleball tournament play and officiating. The session also satisfies the training prerequisite for applying to become a certified referee.
ALL certified referees and anyone who referees on a regular basis are strongly encouraged to attend. Beginning with the Sun City Marinette SSIPA event – January 30 – February 1 – and going forward for all sanctioned events, players and referees will be required to follow the 2018 rulebook and officiating best practice Referee Handbook.
Please share this vital learning opportunity with others (referees -- certified & non-certified – and players in your area, and ask local club representatives to distribute to club members and post the attached flyer on the club website and at club play locations. For tournament players and referees this is an extremely important session.
To attend, please RSVP to Lynn & Linda Laymon at:
using the subject “Ref Session”
Note: If you have not yet received the link to the 2018 Rulebook and/or the 2018 Referee Handbook, they will soon be distributed to USAPA members and then be available at usapa.org
Sun City Festival
26501 W Desert Vista Blvd
Buckeye, Arizona 85396