TILT IN THE TUMBLEWEEDS
OUR 9th ANNUAL SCF PICKLEBALL IN-HOUSE TOURNAMENT
REGISTRATION OPENS JANUARY 15th AND CLOSES AT MIDNIGHT MARCH 5th, 2018
ALL SKILL LEVELS ARE ENCOURAGED TO PARTICIPATE!
WE HAVE ROOM FOR ALL SKILL LEVELS!
Considering signing up, but don't think you are very skilled or don't have enough experience? No worries -- we've got your back.
DON'T ASSUME that all players are lumped into one bracket! The more players who enter, the more opportunity we have to create Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced brackets. In other words, if enough of you sign up to play in the 2.5 and 3.0 brackets, this means you will be able to play with people at your own your skill level -- people you have been playing with all the time. Our goal is 200 members participating!
What's stopping you from signing up? No tournament experience? No problem -- we'll help guide you every step of the way. And if you are still hesitant about signing up, we want to encourage you. Did you know that in our past tournaments, we have had many beginning level teams who said they had a great time playing with their peers, met new neighbors/players, learned a lot AND even won medals! The word "fun" was tossed around a lot. So, don’t think you have to be a top player in order to enter or win.
Dates: March 19th - 23rd, 2018
Players: ALL Sun City Festival Pickleball Club Members are invited and encouraged to participate in this tournament.
Cost: $20.00 for the entire 4-day tournament – so you can play in as many events as you want to for one fee.
(Unfortunately, due to incurred costs when putting on the tournament, your fees are not refundable.)
Monday, March 19th Women’s Singles and Men’s Single-- Plus Blind Draw ( First 128 entrants )
Tuesday, March 20th Women’s Doubles
Wednesday, March 21st Men’s Doubles
Thursday, March 22nd Mixed Doubles
Friday, March 23 Rain Day
All matches will have a referee, who will keep score and make any rule decisions, with the exception of the Blind Draw.
We want each of you to come and play. You will have loads of fun, meet people, learn more about the game and perhaps even win a medal!
CLICK on the different sub-tabs under 2018 In House Tournament to learn more about play formats, event descriptions, registration and volunteering, etc.
Registration will open on January 15th! Check back then to register!
How to Prepare for a Pickleball Tournament
Here are a few tips that will help you prepare for playing in the Tilt in the Tumbleweeds Tournament.
- HYDRATE!!! Being hydrated doesn’t start the day of the event. It also doesn’t mean drinking tons of water during the tournament. You should be drinking lots of water and electrolyte fluids several days BEFORE and during the tournament. Your body won’t necessarily tell you to drink fluids. It may just start cramping, instead. Avoid caffeine drinks the day of the tournament as caffeine can increase your fluid loss.
- EAT!!! Plan your meals before, during and after the tournament to maximize energy, strong muscles and quicker recovery. Concentrate on fruits, vegetables, grains and lean proteins. Avoid sugary drinks.
- RELAX!!! You can help referee in between your matches or even just rest between matches. You need to avoid stress and tension.
- PRACTICE – carefully! Be realistic -- you can't cram everything in before the tournament. That would be stressful and could result in injury.
- STRETCH!! It will help your performance and reduce your risk of injury.
AND MOST IMPORTANT...... JUST HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!