SUMMARY OF OCTOBER 20TH BOARD MEETING
The Board of Directors
- Skill Modules -
- Coaches Clinic will be held at Sage Courts on Thursday, November 1 at 2:00 pm to explain skill assessment sheet.
- Modules will start Monday, November 5 and will be four weeks and 1 ½ hours each week.
- Skill level assessments will be held at Sage Courts on October 25th at 2:00 pm for members needing assistance with determining their skill level.
- Member sign-ups will be held at Sage Courts from 2-3:00 pm on October 29th and 30th.
- Nominations – will be received for President and Treasurer positions from November 1-18, 2018. Reminder signs will be placed at Wagner and Sage courts as well as Sage Recreation Center.
- Budget – following expenditures were authorized.
- Two baskets for holding and picking up balls.
- Additional wire shelving for Wagner shed, push broom and step stool.
- Laptop with Office Suite software for Treasurer position.
- Coleman pop-up tent like existing ones for tournament use.
- Traffic cones for blocking off vendor truck area.
- Eleven (11) player waiting rule signs. Eight (8) to be placed between interior court number signs at Wagner courts and three (3) for Sage Courts.
- Clip boards for skill modules if needed.
- Budget – following expenditures were discussed.
- Investigate how much it would cost to enhance TrackItHub to allow us to improve ratings for ladders groups.
- Purchase of a second pickleball machine? The second one could be used by coaches for sessions. It was decided to wait and see what our use is like with existing one.
- Funding for ITPTA coaches certification. Board members will think about it and come up with criteria for reimbursement.
- Purchase of additional laptops for in-house tournament? Concerns were expressed about laptop security and where they would be stored during summer to avoid damage from heat.
- Email to Mike from Pulte about faulty net post on court one and putting in a door or wall in Wagner shed.
- Treasurer’s Report – reviewed Est. Year End Balance Report. Balance of 14,300.33. Taxed on amount over 9,523.40.
- Dink-a-Thon – three vendor trucks have agreed to be present. Two specialty and one main entrée truck. A band has been secured to provide music. Indigo Grille is being contacted as to whether or not they would like to provide a keg of beer for member purchases.
- Club Meeting Date – will be held Wednesday, December 19 at 3:00 pm.
- 3.5 Rotation – will move from Monday, 1:00 pm to Thursday, 11:00 am and will become 3.5/4.0 rotation. If Thursday ladders move back to 11 am slot, the rotation group will be bumped.
The Board of Directors