SCF Pickleball Board Minutes
December 16, 2021
- Doug Gale (President)
- Mark comer (Treasurer)
- Lynne Owen (Secretary)
- Katie Westermann (Communications)
- Dave Owen (Software Committee)
- Cheryl Casey (Secretary elect)
- Nick Mirza (Player Development/Organized Play elect)
3:01 Doug called meeting to order
- Board approved updates to the by-laws must be voted on by the club and passed with a quorum.
- Reviewed the summary of changes (a one page document) that will be sent to members prior to vote. A club meeting with a tentative date of January 10, 2022 will be held at the Saguaro Center at 2 pm. In-person attendance will be on a “first come, first serve” basis. If additional attendance options are required, a zoom link will be available.
- Katie to send a “Newsletter” to announce.
- SCF HOA has approved most recommended changes. Bilaws were amended and submitted to the HOA for final approval.
- Communication will be sent to club regarding notice of upcoming meeting to vote on updates to be sent asap. Mark’s one page summary of by-law changes to be included.
- New by-laws include adding two additional board members. Post by-laws updates approval, board will send out request for candidates and implement a new virtual vote. These two board positions will be “at large” positions thru end of year. At that time 4 new members shall be voted on by club, and per new updates, specific board positions shall be assigned by the board.
Rotations and Open Play:
Nick entered a motion to approve moving organized play start times to one hour earlier. A discussion was held on the best options for maximum court use – rotations, open play, and reservations.
The board agreed to survey the club on their use of courts and playing options. Survey to be sent and tallied receive club results of survey prior to Jan 21, 2022 in order to implement any possible changes by Feb 1.
Nick and Cheryl assigned to design survey. Survey to be sent out Jan 11. “Survey Coming” to be mentioned in Newsletter.
Mark Comer reviewed Fiscal Year 2022 proposed budget. Mark moved to approve budget. Dave, Doug, Lynne, Cheryl and Mark (only members in attendance at end of meeting) all voted to approve. Lynne 2nd to approve.
- All agreed that costs to run tournaments to be covered by tournament fees.
- Hen House tournament date: Feb. 21. Chaired by Lynne Owen and Chris Prellwitz..
- In-house Tournament: April 4, Chaired by Doug Gale.
- Covid concerns were raised. It was agreed that attendees can choose to play at their own risk.
Doug provided update on ball boxes. He bought two, but one was poor quality. He will only bill club for one, which is now installed at Wagner. Dave agreed to purchase and install second one at sage.
Doug moved to adjourn.
Meeting adjourned at 6:10 pm