Club Policies & Guidelines
Court Policies and Guidelines
When is a waitlist not a waitlist?
- Courts are open from Dawn to 10:00 p.m. daily.
- No Smoking or Vaping is allowed in the Court Complexes (including sitting and walkway areas and the ramada areas.
- No Food or Drinks on the courts (water and enhanced water drinks excepted, of course!)
- To maximize the number of players on the courts, singles play and ball machine use is only allowed when there are no other players waiting to use the court
- Appropriate attire is requested and appreciated by your fellow Pickleball players!
- Eyewear during play is strongly advised to avoid eye injury.
- Marking up the courts with chalk is prohibited.
- Courts may be reserved for a total of 120 minutes per day in 60 minute increments.
- Courts are available for booking on a 7-day rolling window. Day 7 will open at 7:15 pm AZ time.
- Example: If today is Monday at 7:14 pm, you will be able to view and reserve courts through the following Sunday. On Monday at 7:15 pm, court reservations open for the following Monday.
- Reservations that result in lost time (sandwich time) cannot be made.
- Example: An existing reservation is for 7 am-8 am. A member tries to reserve that court from 8:30 am to 10:30 am. The system will not allow the 8:30 to 10:30 registration; it will suggest 8:00 am to 10:00 am to eliminate the “lost time”.
- Ball Machine + Court may be reserved on the Wagner Courts between the hours of 1-5pm. The ball machine can only be reserved for 1 hour. Ball Machine+Court time is part of the 120 minutes of daily reservation time.
- Events are defined as rotations, skills & drills, classes, ladders and any other club sponsored activity.
- Events open for registration at 7:15 pm every night for events occurring on the same day the next week
- Example: If a rotation takes place on Monday, June 7th, members can register for next Monday's event (June 14th) at 7:15 pm on June 7th.
- All events have a consistent open time (7:15 pm)
- Events close for registration or withdrawls at 7 pm the night before the event. If you need to withdraw from an event after 7 p.m, email, call or text the event coordinator to inform them. Event coordinator information is available in the event description.
- Members may participate in one event per day.
When is a waitlist not a waitlist?
- CourtReserve is configured so that you can join the “waitlist” for a rotation or other type of event.
- CourtReserve is also configured so that members can only attend one rotation or event per day. So if you successfully register for one event and then jump on the waitlist for another on the same day … you will never move off the waitlist because you are already registered for an event.
- You do have multiple opportunities per day to play: for example you can participate in Open Play, Reserve a Court (for up to 2 hours per day) and attend one rotation or event every day.
- Members who are self rated are responsible for the accuracy of their rating. Members can change their rating every 3 months. Review the skill level requirements prior to making a change to ensure you meet the criteria of that skill level. Skill level requirements can be found here.
- The court reservation policy states that if after 10 minutes, you are not on the court, the court is open for other players to use.
- If you reserve a court and you no longer need your reservation, be courteous and cancel your reservation.
- Guests may only play at the inviation of and when accompanied by a Member or a Resident Non-Member (HOA Member). Guests are restricted to the same privileges as the individual that is sponsoring them, with the exclusion of Events.
- Members and Resident Non-Members may sponsor no more than twelve Guests per calendar quarter, and a Guest can't be sponsored more than twelve times per calendar quarter. Individuals sponsored by a Resident Non-Member are restricted to play on the Sage Courts. During Open Play, any Guest must sit out if a Member is waiting to play.