PICKLEBALL MODULE REGISTRATION
- Module 4 (Advancing from 3.0 to 3.5)
- Module 3 (Advancing from 2.5 to 3.0)
- Module 2 (Advancing from 2.0 to 2.5)
- Module 1 (Beginners to 2.0 level)
As a reminder, a module consists of four weekly 1½-hour lessons with the same 2 coaches and 10 players at the same time and same Sage courts each week. Since each lesson builds on the preceding lesson and the demand for lessons is so high, registrants are expected to be able to attend all four sessions. Please make sure your calendar is clear for any module section you are considering.
What if you are uncertain about what module is your “best fit”? Look at the Player’s Guides for various modules available via links near the bottom of Club’s Webpage: https://www.scfpickleballclub.com/pickleball-lessons---fall-2019.html. Near the beginning of the pdf file for any module, find the page with the heading “Skills and Competencies at the #.# Level”.
If you already have most of the listed skills and competencies, then look at the skills and competencies for the next higher module, and so on until you find a list where you feel you need improvement in a number of the listed items. A couple of experienced players will be at the Wagner ramada from 1:30 to 2:00 pm if you wish further advice.
There are multiple sections of each module. It appears that we have volunteer coaches/instructors for the following sections.
Sage Courts 1 & 3
Sage Courts 2 & 4
Monday 2:00 – 3:30
Tuesday 2:00 – 3:30
Tuesday 3:45 – 5:15
Wednesday 2:00 – 3:30
Wednesday 3:45 – 5:15
Thursday 2:00 – 3:30
Thursday 3:45 – 5:15
A lottery method will be employed if the number of players wanting a particular section of a module exceeds 10.
- Players will enter their name, email address, and phone number on a ticket. If there is another person you wish to have in the same section, enter both names on the same ticket.
- The tickets will be drawn until the 10 positions in the section are filled. Two extra names will be drawn and designated as “wait-listed” for openings created by late withdrawals. (Wait-listed players should not show up for the lessons unless first notified of an opening.)
- Names not drawn in the lottery for one section cannot be entered in the draw for another section of the same module unless there are less than 10 registrants for that section. In that event, a mini-lottery draw will be conducted for the remaining open positions.
If you cannot attend at the prescribed registration time: Send your name, address, phone number, and preferred module section in a new email to Craig Palermo (firstname.lastname@example.org)
If a lottery is needed for your preferred section, your name will go in the draw, but we cannot handle the complications of subsequent “what if?” contingencies.
A few days after your registration, you will be sent a few further instructions regarding the lessons.